Preventing sexual offences and recruitment of teenagers through online social networks
project financially supported by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands în Romania
Project value: 13.988 Eur
Within the project “Preventing sexual offences and recruitment of teenagers through online social networks“, Necuvinte Association în partnership with the General Inspectorate of the Romanian Police and Olt County Police have created the Guide “Healthy relationships”.
“Healthy relationships” guide is structured in 4 chapters, covering topics from online security, privacy and consent, healthy communication, forms of violence and the legislation applicable to the crimes described in the guide.
The material is intended for high school students, teenagers aged 14-18, their parents, teachers, but also to raise awareness among the general public.
Experts from the Necuvinte Association, the Institute for Crime Research and Prevention within the Romanian Police and the Olt County Police contributed to the production of the educational material.
– Angela Chirvăsuță, police chief commissioner, Institute for Crime Research and Prevention within the Romanian Police;
– Gheorghița Stana, police principal chief agent, Olt County Police;
– Simona Voicescu, anti-discrimination and human rights expert, Necuvinte Association;
–Monica Tudorache, equal opportunity expert, Necuvinte Association.
Educational partner of the project is National Council for Students.
The guide was created bilingually, in Romanian and English and can be downloaded from here:
The project “Preventing sexual offences and recruitment of teenagers through online social networks” financially supported by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Romania has as main objective: Creating a framework for promoting preventive education through information.
- Information and awareness on the dangers of the online environment, in close connection with sexual exploitation and sexual offences;
- Increasing the level of information on the methods of protection against potential recruiters;
- Understanding sexuality through free discussion;
- Understanding the concepts of healthy relationships and intimacy;
- Prevention of sexual abuse and abusive behaviors in relationships;
- Promoting good practices and tools to educate students on the prevention of sexual abuse and crime.
Within the project, in the next period of time, information sessions will take place with high school students from all counties of the country.