For us, the future is equal
Total value of the project: 174.801 Euro
Total value of the partner’s activities: 37.285 Euro
Domestic and gender-based violence continue to be the most serious human rights violation because it affects 51% of the world’s population.
Through the project “The future is equal”, we aimed to promote gender equality and human rights at the level of young people (aged 14-18) in Bucharest through non-formal education methods, awareness campaigns , street and advocacy campaigns.
We believe in the power of education, and the first objective of the project is to train and motivate 900 students from 10 high schools in Bucharest to become promoters and activists for their rights regarding gender equality and stopping gender-based violence and sexist behaviors through awareness campaigns and street campaigns during two school years.
Another objective is to increase the level of information and awareness of young people in Bucharest regarding the respect of human rights and to stop gender-based violence and sexist behaviors through two street campaigns organized together with students from the 10 high schools.
And last but not least, we aim to develop a campaign to monitor and influence public policies for respect for human rights and gender equality, especially with regard to the implementation of the Istanbul Convention.
The project’s activities are:
- We organize a campaign on gender violence among 900 students – the dialogue with students will consist of a session of 30 modules with 90 workshops in 10 high schools in Bucharest, for 10 months, for 2 years schoolchildren;
- We organize two street campaigns to increase respect for human rights and stop gender-based violence – after gender education workshops, students will have the chance to be actively involved in the development and implementation of street campaigns;
- We’re investigating. We conduct quantitative research among the 900 students who contribute to data collection to understand how many of the 900 young people involved can identify abusive behavioral patterns and forms of violence regarding their own gender identities. or those around;
- We consult relevant actors in the field of human rights and gender equality in order to try to identify solutions and develop collaborative processes of public policy proposals on gender violence;
- We run an advocacy campaign – we develop a series of proposals for preventing and combating gender-based violence among young people, following research and meetings with experts;
- We monitor the implementation of national policies and strategies on gender equality and gender-based violence – in particular the Istanbul Convention, but also other policies and strategies throughout the project.
Project implemented by A.R.T. Fusion in partnership with Necuvinte Association, with the financial support of Active Citizens Fund Romania, a program funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Grants 2014-2021. The content of this material does not necessarily represent the official position of the EEA and Norwegian Grants 2014-2021; for more information visit www.eeagrants.org