On February 27, we participated in the launch event of the “Manifesto for Women’s Rights” organized by the Ministry of Family, Youth and Equal Opportunities at the Parliament Palace, Human Rights Hall.
The opening of the event was made by Minister Gabriela Firea, and Mrs. Sandra Pralong, State Counselor in the Department for relations with Romanians Everywhere, will also speak, E.S. Ms. Annick Goulet, Ambassador of Canada in Romania, H.E. Ms. Therese Hyden, Ambassador of Sweden, Ms. Luminița Popescu, President of the National Agency for Equal Opportunities between Women and Men. Romanian champions Elisabeta Lipă and Gabriela Szabo were also present.
Among the main topics discussed were:
- The national strategy regarding the Equality of Chances and treatment between Women and Men and for the Prevention and Combating of Domestic Violence 2022 – 2027;
- The standardized guide on gender-based harassment and moral harassment in the workplace;
- Gender quotas in administrative boards and electoral lists;
- Age of sexual consent;
- Possible tax benefits for mothers with more than 3 children and for the employment of women over 40;
- Support for minor mothers;
- The projects being implemented at the level of the National Agency for Equal Opportunities between Women and Men.
At the end of the event, Necuvinte Association was among the representatives of civil society awarded with “Diplomas of excellence for the tireless activity of promoting women’s rights”.